Good Afternoon, All!
It has been a great and exhausting month. I hope you all have made the most of your time and creativity.
Before the month is up, I wanted to get out this critical information regarding CHILD ABUSE.
There is no doubt that we have ALL encountered someone, maybe it’s you or someone you love, who has been ABUSED, physically, emotionally or because of neglect.
Whatever the case, PLEASE SHARE this important information!!
* 5 Children DIE Every Day Because of Child Abuse in the U.S.A.
Over 70% Are Under Age 3
* 1 out of 3 Girls and 1 out of 5 Boys Will Be SEXUALLY ABUSED Before They Are 18 Years of Age
*90% of Sexual Abuse Survivors Know The Perpetrators
68% Have Been Abused By Family Members
*14% of Men and 36% of Women in Prison Were Abused As Children
*Number of children in the United States who died because of abuse or neglect in 2012: 1,593
70.3% were younger than three years of age
44.4% were younger than one year of age
1. Physical…..Bruises, Broken Bones…..Unexplained Injuries
2. Emotional….Cursing at You….Calling You Names…..Ignoring You
3. Verbal………A Parent/Friend/Sibling/Significant Other Who Call You Out of Your Name or Makes You Feel ‘Less Than’ is Being ABUSIVE!!!!!
4. Sexual…….You Are a Child……No One Should Touch Your Breasts, Buttocks, Vagina, Penis or Anus…..Or Use Your Mouth For Sex.
If Anyone Touches You In This Way, Even if it is Your Parent or Guardian, TELL!!
It is Wrong and You Are Being Abused!!!
Tell Someone You Can Trust!!
What Can You Do, If You Are Being Abused???
1. If It is Your Parent or Guardian Who is Being Abusive, Reach Out to Your Teacher/Guidance Counselor or a Safe Family Member (One Who Has Shown You Through Words and Actions that They Believe You and are Trustworthy)
2. If a Friend, Sibling, School Bully or Relative is Being Abusive, Please Tell Your Parent or Another Responsible Adult
3. If There is No One Around You Who You Can Trust……Contact the Resources Listed at the End of this Post…..CALL1.800.4 A Child
4. Talk to the School Nurse or Your Physician……WE WANT TO HELP!!!!!
****Even If Your Situation Isn’t Described Above, If You Feel Lonely, Isolated, Picked On, Neglected or Unloved…..THERE IS HELP……
Please Check Out the RESOURCES Listed Below and Spread the Word!!!!
We Have All Needed Help Along the Way……
If You Have Questions, Concerns or Recommendations, Please Leave a COMMENT and SHARE!!!!!!
Take Care. Be Well. Be Safe.
Lisa Whitty Bradley, M.D., FACS
CEO & Founder
Chicks With MDs, LLC
**For More Great Info, Follow Us on TWITTER…..INSTAGRAM…..LINKEDIN**
1. CHILD WELFARE Information Gateway
To REPORT CHILD ABUSE or NEGLECT, please contact
Child Help USA at 1.800.4 A Child (1.800.422.4453)
Personal assistance and inquiries:
Child Welfare Information Gateway
How To Report Child Abuse/Neglect:
2. CHILD HELP
National Child Abuse Hotline1-800-4-A-Child
3. Do Something
4. Safe Horizon
Call for help (llámenos para ayuda) 1.800.621.HOPE (4673)
4. Crisis Text Line
Crisis Text Line
Text ‘Go’ to 741-741
5. Teens Helping Teens
Text “TEEN” to 839863
Call (310) 855-HOPE or (800) TLC-TEEN (nationwide toll-free) from 6pm to 10pm PST.
6. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ‘1-800-273-TALK (8255)’
#childabuse #childneglect #pediatricmedicine #adolescentabuse #adolescentsex #molestation #physicalabuse #emotionalabuse #childmolestation #incest #adolescentmedicine #suicideprevention